- This database system may be used by UK heritage railways, to the extent defined by the owners.
- Use of the database by railways or companies that do not satisfy the owner's criteria of 'heritage' may still be permitted subject to negotiation and purpose of use.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the database and the reputation of the website and the industry as a whole, house rules will naturally be required. These are set out here.
- HOPS reserve the right to apply a charge to the use of all or part of the database and other services.
- HOPS must absolutely not be used to send spam e-mail. If any organisation is found to be using HOPS to send spam e-mail their authority to use the system may be withdrawn without warning.
- If the owners of the HOPS system encounter any issues with an individual user from a client organisation, we will attempt to negotiate with the client concerned to resolve the issue. This might be due to, for example, the user's behaviour on a discussion forum.
- If any issue with an individual user or a client organisation as a whole cannot be satisfactorily resolved by negotiation, HOPS reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse a specific user or a specific client organisation access to the database again.
- It is the responsibility of the client organisation, before entering data into HOPS, to ensure that a suitable legal basis other than consent exists for doing so; that doing so is within the terms under which the subject user initially provided the information; that the application of HOPS's policies to the data are congruent with the legal basis and the organisaion's own policy on data storage, processing and privacy.
If you would like more information about HOPS please contact us.