- This database system may be used by UK heritage railways, to the extent defined by the owners.
- Use of the database by railways or companies that do not satisfy the owner's criteria of 'heritage' may still be permitted subject to negotiation and purpose of use.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the database and the reputation of the website and the industry as a whole, house rules will naturally be required. These are set out here.
- HOPS reserve the right to apply a charge to the use of all or part of the database and other services.
- HOPS must absolutely not be used to send spam e-mail. If any organisation is found to be using HOPS to send spam e-mail their authority to use the system may be withdrawn without warning.
- If the owners of the HOPS system encounter any issues with an individual user from a client organisation, we will attempt to negotiate with the client concerned to resolve the issue. This might be due to, for example, the user's behaviour on a discussion forum.
- If any issue with an individual user or a client organisation as a whole cannot be satisfactorily resolved by negotiation, HOPS reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse a specific user or a specific client organisation access to the database again.
- It is the responsibility of the client organisation, before entering data into HOPS, to ensure that a suitable legal basis other than consent exists for doing so; that doing so is within the terms under which the subject user initially provided the information; that the application of HOPS's policies to the data are congruent with the legal basis and the organisaion's own policy on data storage, processing and privacy.
- A genuine human user's name must be provided as the 'Admin Contact for Users' so that there is a named person for users to contact in case of problems. This will usually be the HOPS Admin. (The email address can be a team email address.)
If you would like more information about HOPS please contact us.