|Back to Home | Back to HOPS Support|
|If a user name is incorrect it can't be changed at a railway level.|
This is because the user name is created by the system at the time of creating the user, and it is automatically checked to make sure the same user name doesn't already exist on another railway.
If you need to change a user name please contact us to arrange this and we will do it for you.
Please note that generally we will only change usernames to make corrections for spelling errors or if someone's name was wrong in the first place.
Examples of user names we will be happy to change:
* If a user's name was misspelled at the time of being added. (Eg, "jmaes.davies" to "james.davies")
* If a user was added with an initial as their first name because their name was not known at the time, and it needs to now be changed to their full first name (Eg, "j.davies" to "james.davies")
* If a user has got married or changed their name (Eg, "james.davies" to "james.smith")
* If a user name has been malformed by the system due to containing punctuation marks such as hyphens or apostrophes. (Eg, "james.davis-smith" to "james.davissmith" or vice-versa)
* If a user's name needs to be changed as their current name is not appropriate due to a disability.
* If an account is being used as a "generic" account, so the firstname.surname format is not appropriate (Eg, "Severn.ValleyOperations" to "SVROps")
|Examples of user names we'll not be so happy about changing!|
* If a user doesn't like their username being formed of their first name and surname and instead wants a different, custom, username. (Eg, "james.davies" to "steamtrainsarecool123")
* If a user doesn't like the number after their name. (Eg "james.davies2" to "james.davies". In this case the names "james.davies" and "james.davies1" must have already been taken)
|Anything else, or special cases etc, please contact us to discuss.|
HOPS is continually being developed and updated. Sometimes the screen shots in these help files might lag behind the most up-to-date views of the screens. Generally, however, the functionality of the page will be the same, albeit with a slightly different format or layout.
Thank you very much indeed to Emma Patrick for writing these support pages.